How to get a PVC
- First of all, are you sure you
don't have a valid voter registration
from 2011? No? Proceed. (Find out on our ‘Resources’ page)
- Set aside a few hours or a day to do this.
- Registration days are Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 3pm. But from August 1 to 17, 2018 the schedule changes to 9am to 5pm. Monday to Sunday. Plus Public Holidays
- Carry documents that say who
you are. Like an International
Passport, Driver's Licence or
Birth Certificate. (Not compulsory, but some INEC officials ask)
- Find the nearest INEC registration
centre. Your Local Government
Area office is a good place to start. (Find out on our ‘Resources’ page)
- When you're done, they'll give you
a slip, a Temporary Voter's Card
(TVC). That's what you'll collect your
- Ask the INEC people when your PVC
will be ready.
- Now, wait and pray. It could take up
to 6 months.